Tidbits of History

  • One of the three-levels, the Nest,originally housed firecrackers and later lead to an explosion in 1887. The Nest is now a cozy lounge complete with a green marble bar, fireplaces, pool tables and even a law library
  • An Occupant of the building, a dentist who owned a chain of dental offices, legally changed his name to “Painless Parker” in order to avoid claims of false advertising.
  • Also known as the Spencer-Ogden Building,Oldest building to be continuously owned by the same family, as well as the oldest structure in the Gaslamp

Photos courtesy of  @gaslampquarter

The Tipsy CrowTidbits of History