The Tipsy Crow
Abandon your inhibitions at San Diego’s longest-standing bar. Whether you’re one of the locals or just passing through, we invite you to step out of the conventional downtown and into an old-world experience that is The Tipsy Crow. Blending classic décor, craft beers, quality cocktails and unique bites with years of experience and upscale service, this corner bar is the prominent destination on the most popular block in the Gaslamp Quarter.
The Tipsy Crow occupies one of Downtown’s most historic buildings, the Spencer-Ogden building, dating back to 1874, exuding all the stimulation and excitement of a multi-level, vibrant venue. In exploring the three levels, the Main Bar, the upstairs Nest and the Underground, you’ll find an array of old-school games, entertainment, dancing and spots to unwind. There is something for everyone~ perfect for corporate receptions, watching the game, happy hour and social celebrations. The Tipsy Crow is 21 and up. Refer below for Friday & Saturdays dresscode after 9PM.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED
- HATS (BASEBALL CAPS & BEANIES)
- BANDANAS OR HEADRAGS
- POCKET KNIVES
- ALL SPORTS JERSEY’S
- SLEEVELESS SHIRTS FOR MEN (INCLUDING TANK TOPS)
- WORKOUT ATTIRE (INCLUDING SWEATS, NYLON SHORTS, AND BOARD SHORTS)
- SHOWER SANDALS
- SUNGLASSES OR TITNTED PERSCRIPTION EYEWEAR
- CHAIN WALLETS
- NO BAGGY OR OVERSIZED CLOTHING OF ANY KIND
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
- US Drivers License -Military ID
- Any other forms of ID at the discretion of the Manager
- California Identification Cards -Typed Passports ONLY
UN-ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
- Out of State Identification Cards
- Invalid or Expired ID – Non-US Drivers License
- Handwritten Passports – Birth Certificates – Social Security Cards – DMV
- Paper Printouts – School ID – Credit Cards
- Your buddy’s word or another bar let you in
Explore the Levels
Tidbits of History
- One of the three-levels, the Nest,originally housed firecrackers and later lead to an explosion in 1887. The Nest is now a cozy lounge complete with a green marble bar, fireplaces, pool tables and even a law library
- An Occupant of the building, a dentist who owned a chain of dental offices, legally changed his name to "Painless Parker" in order to avoid claims of false advertising.
- Also known as the Spencer-Ogden Building,Oldest building to be continuously owned by the same family, as well as the oldest structure in the Gaslamp
The Drink Exchange
The Gaslamp’s first ever guest-driven Happy Hour!
Buy Low! Drink Plenty!
Experience the fun everyday Monday-Saturday
from Open-8PM and Sundays 5PM-Close!
The Drink Exchange makes buying drinks a true experience! Watch as our prices decrease or CRASH every 5 minutes and take the opportunity to buy at a low market price! You have to see it to believe it!